Test data platform
Testing and development with high quality test data is essential to deliver state-of-the-art software solutions. Using original production data seems obvious, but is not allowed due to (privacy) regulations. This introduces challenges for many organizations in getting the test data right.
Classic Test Data Management (TDM) tools introduce "legacy-by-design
Does not reflect production data
- Business logic is not preserved and data does not reflect production data
- No referential integrity and consistency over datasets / databases
Slow and time consuming
- Establish test data takes more than one hour
- When data and data schema’s change an update is required and one can start from scratch
Manual work required
- Manual data generation is a waste of time
- Manual configurations and complicated user interface requires knowledge and external (consulting) resources
Due to many questions about which data is allowed as test data, The Dutch Data Protection Authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens, AP) included frequently asked questions from organizations about testing.
Can I test with personal data when developing a system or application?
“That is not recommended. Testing is a complex process, requiring care and multiple separate environments. Testing with personal data involves risks.
- Separate legal basis
The people you process personal data from do not expect you to use their data for testing purposes. This means, among other things, that you must have a separate basis for testing.
- Not necessary and alternatives are available in the market
Furthermore, it is often not necessary to test with personal data, because alternatives are available in the market. That is one of the reasons why testing with personal data is difficult to reconcile with the GDPR.
- End of process
Only at the end of a development and testing process (when you deploy to production), you can read personal data into the new system during the transition or conversion. And that processing must also be done very carefully.”
What test data can I use to perform tests?
“You can explore the availability of synthetic data or mock data and always make sure that the dataset you want to use does not contain personal information.
For example, the National Identity Data Service offers a range of test citizen service numbers.
Do you want to test whether a new system or application generates the same results as the old system or application? Also then, you can often use test data in both applications.”
Solution: AI-generated test data
Create a digital twin based on your production data
- Production-like synthetic test data generated based on your production data by the power of AI
- Preserved referential integrity for consistency over datasets / databases (e.g. for end-to-end integration tests)
Privacy by design
- No use of real data (personal & sensitive) or production data
- Data that is completely new and synthetically generated
Easy, fast and agile
- One-click end-to-end refresh of your entire test environment within an hour by the power of AI
- No required manual work with a fully autonomous and integrated approach
Our Syntho Engine mimics your end-to-end production environment to generate a digital twin based on your production data with the power of AI. With our connectors, we load this digital twin fully automatically into your test environment. The result: AI generated test data; an easy and fast solution to generate compliant production-like test data.
Deliver state-of-the-art software solutions with AI-generated test data